Color of the Year

April 15, 2014


um. yeah - i'm going to be a bit bold today. if you know anything about me, let it be this: i have an unhealthy obsession with neutral makeup. i mean, it's getting to the point where my eyeshadow palette that has tons of beautiful colors in it has maybe four or five colors actually used. i'm about to hit pan on my browns and grays, while lovely purples and blues get the cold shoulder. (or maybe the cold eyelid? no?) 

because of this you can understand why i've held off so long on doing this post. i had wanted to a while ago but some little old lady in the back of my brain said "oh my goodness, those colors are really bright - better not!" (a little disclaimer - while i am going to try and experiment with my color choices a bit in the future, i still love my handy dandy taupes and chocolates best!) finally i just decided to go with it.

it's such a beautiful color. it's flattering on all skin tones. it makes your eyes look bright and your teeth look white. any questions? to dip my toes in the world of purple i've been using my almay eyeliner (i did a review a while back!) with some purple-ish shadow. to anyone other than me it looks brown, but for miss safe over here it's a pretty big swap! maybe i just have to step outside of my smokey-eye comfort zone.

would you ever wear orchid? if so, which feature would you rock it on? sound off in the comments!

xo eliza

(images, first to last, via pinterestcolores de carol, makeup minxthe berry)

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...